Monday, February 23, 2009

Being Sick Stinks


I have been having a real hard time getting rid of the flu. I don't know if it morphed into some other disease, or just hanging on. I have had to cancel out of classes, and painting sessions with other artist. I have managed to keep up with my New Year's Resolution to draw every day, but some days it isn't very pretty (especially when I was in the depths of the flu).

I think it is important to get consistent practice and that takes discipline. I am trying very hard to do that, even when I am sick. I find that being sick, I have more time for art, since I can't follow my normal routine. This has helped me to keep practicing my art even though I am missing out on most of life.

I am attaching the image I did at the demo for the school. It is a pen, ink & brush drawing of my children when they were very young (they are both grown now).

No comments:

Post a Comment